The New Ladoga Fire Station is located on East Main Street on the east edge of town. The department is made up of 24 volunteers ranging in the ages from 21 to 50. All firefighters are required to obtain the minimum 24 hour training course, although several firefighters have first responder and EMS training.
The Fire Department also provides service to areas in Clark and Scott Townships.
The volunteer fire fighters provide 24 hour protection and are dispatched using a pager system. Dispatch is provided by the Crawfordsville Police Department through the E-911 system.
Emergency Calls 911
Non-Emergency Calls 765-942-2531
LADOGA VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT 2007
|ASST CHIEFS||Rory Perry|
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
DARYL HOLT, SCOTT LOWE, DIRK LEONARD, ROGER PERRY, TROY ELLESS
EQUIPMENT IN USE
L1 97 FREIGHTLINER (1250 GPM)
L2 TOWN TRUCK (750 GPM)
L3 TANKER == 1000 GALLONS (500 GPM) 3000 DUMP TANK
L4 TANKER == 3000 GALLONS WITH 3000 DUMP TANK
L5 4X4 RESCUE TRUCK == CASCADE SYSTEM
L6 4X4 GRASS TRUCK == 400 GALLONS
The first “Fire Truck” was purchased new in 1934 and is still in use today as a parade vehicle.
The fire department is currently seeking a planning grant from the OCRA for a feasibility study for a new fire department building which would provide several bays. Currently they only have one overhead door providing limited exiting of equipment.